Thursday, November 02, 2006

Challenges

I have been trying to keep up with the Elsie challenges on the SAM site. They have been great for keeping me semi up-to-date with my pile of photos, and as a bonus, I've been in the top 10 a couple of times. The prizes include signed copies of Elsie's book - would LOVE that! I really love her style and her attitude.

I do tend to leave them until the last minute - there are two challenges a week, due midnight on Thursdays. Come this morning, and I hadn't started the two for this week - oops! The first one came together quicky, and I quite like it. Challenge was to use a ribbon cluster:


Had to take a photo instead of a scan, cos the ribbons were too lumpy! Haven't used ribbons in ages. So funny. I spent years drooling over and saving for nice ribbons, then hoarded them cos they were 'too nice' to use, and now I don't ever use them. Sigh.

Last week's challenges.

1. Scraplift a layout shape - I scraplifted Jennifer Johner
's layout here:



2. Make your own chipboard shapes. I was undecided about this layout - another that I really wanted to do - but it got the best response with the voting! I think it really spoke to a lot of the mums! As soon as I had journalled on the photo I hated it, though. I've just gotta stop trying to be Elsie ;o)


And from the first week, this challenge was to journal on strips. Easy - I do half of my layouts this way! And I love, love, LOVE this quote and have been wanting to use it for ages. In case it's hard to read: "The most important thing she learned was that there is no way to be a perfect mum and a million ways to be a great one."


So, finally, something to look at! Now I just have to take some more cute photos of the boy. Too dark and rainy today though. So lovely to hear the rain, and such a great day for scrapping! Which is what I'm going to do!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Tam, what stunning layouts. I LOVE that quote, think I might have to borrow that one if that is ok.
Isn't it great to see/hear the rain. I too want to scrap, but I think I have put the ironing off far too long :(

Hope you are having a great week and Diesel's injections weren't too bad.

Sandi :)

Steph said...

Hey Tam, terrific layouts and good on you for staying on track with the challenges!

Roz said...

Tam Tam Tam!!!! Wowsers girl!! Well D may be taking it out of you but he is certainly giving you some creative juices back lol!!! Stunning pages!!

I hear ya on the ribbon thing lol

Anonymous said...

Tam these are just brilliant!

Some of your most beautiful work has been since D was born.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Min's blog said...

Gorgeous lo's....Wish I could get that one on the desk finished, it's been sitting there for about 4 weeks!!!! Bring on tonight, Sandi and I are scrappin'!!!!!!!

Min:)