Five months old! How could we possibly have known you for five months? But then again, it feels like you have been with us forever… I have become a bit slack with your milestones and memories – not writing things down or taking as many photographs. I should know that with my mummy-brain I don’t remember anything important.

Christmas came and went with much fuss and many presents. You were VERY spoilt. You got a lovely high chair, books, clothes and loads of toys. We had to make two trips to get everything home! You didn’t seem to care that everyone wanted to play with you, because you slept most of the day!
So… thinking WAY back to before Christmas… You had just started rolling from your back to your tummy. And then you decided to forget how to do it. For a couple of weeks. Then, all of a sudden you were a pro at it again, and can now cross half the room by rolling from back to tummy to back again. It’s a bit scary now that you don’t stay where I put you! You even managed to roll off a cushion onto the floorboards at Mel’s house and bang your head on the ground. Mummy was very sorry about that!
You manage to do a little commando crawl every now and then, but only when you’re not thinking about it. Other times you just lie on your tummy like a sky-diver and kick your legs, trying to will yourself towards your toys. Very cute, but not very effective.You have mastered the skill of thumb sucking, and have even gotten your toes in your mouth on a few occasions. Otherwise, it’s someone else’s finger, necklace, clothes… you’re not very picky.
We have been swimming quite a few times, which you seem to love. So cute how you automatically knew how to kick your legs! After a bit of practice in the bath, we can know dunk you under the water and you know to hold your breath. Hopefully you will be a water baby, because your daddy and I both love the water.
I am so very happy to report that you are saying ‘mum-mum-mum’. I know that you don’t have any idea of what you’re saying, or that it refers to me, but I love to hear it anyway. You say it as clear as anything in your husky baby voice, with a big smile on your face. You also say ‘bub-bub-bub’ and ‘yeah-yeah-yeah’. You are getting so much more expressive with your voice and face. I spend hours laughing at your expressions. And you manage a smile for everyone – friends and strangers alike – no matter what mood you’re in. You are a very happy and content little person.You are now feeding about four-hourly, which is lovely! It is nice to be able to go out to the shops and not worry about having to stop to feed you. And there is significantly less vomit in our lives. Still vomit, just less. You also often have nice long naps, and I can get so much done! For about three weeks this month you were waking in the middle of the night. It was very hard to get used to that night-time feed again! Then you went back to sleeping through for a while, and then for two nights this week woke in the early morning again. Yesterday I decided to drop a nap, and put you to bed earlier, and you slept from 8.30pm until 7.30am this morning! Heaven for me!

You have been having a bit more daddy time lately, because I have started doing Tupperware parties. Because your feeds are a bit more spaced out now, I can leave you with daddy while I go to a meeting or a party, and he can play with you and bath you before I get home for your last feed and to put you to bed. I am hoping that in the next month we can start you on solids, and get you to bed nice and early so that I don’t have to worry about rushing home for a feed. You’re such a good boy, though, that I don’t mind it!
You are growing so fast, and getting cuter and cuter every day. I love how interactive you are now, and how you get your feelings across to us! I love that you still love lots of cuddles. I love your dark eyelashes, and bright blue eyes. Your round chubby feet and crazy hair. How you burrow into your bed to go to sleep.
You are so adored by everyone around us, but most of all by daddy and me. I am so proud to see you growing up into a strong, clever little boy. I often creep in to watch you sleep, and gloat to myself about what a wonderful son I have. You are my bestest blessing. Love you.Mummy xxx

6 comments:
Such beautiful memories Tam... glad you finally got those pics done too! He's such a little cherub!
Diesel is just the cutest thing ever Tam :)
And I'm so sorry to hear about Roger's uncle. Big hugs to you gorgeous.
xoxo
Awww. beautiful. Loved the bit about the ineffective skydiver, lol.
Oh Tam he is just the cutest! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again! And that last pic of you both... beautiful. Love the pic of D in your bed too. I have a few similar ones of Ethan like that too.
Sorry to hear about Rog's uncle. Sad news.
Hello
I am not sure you know me but I am another member at both web sites Scrap Pile.com.au and Scrapboxx.com
I have popped into read your blog a few times but not sure I have never left a comment.
After reading this update I could not resist. These recent photos are 100% adorable. I adore the second photo (you have to scrap that).
Diesel is growing quickly and learning so many new things, it's an exciting time for you all I'm sure.
Thanks for your blog update, wonderful to read your news. I feel so happy for you.
Enjoy your week end and take care of yourself. Thanks for sharing Tam.
WOW he is getting big isn't he.
LOL at the description of Diesel trying to crawl. That is the stage we are just coming into here. Fun......
Gee sounds like you have been busy with your Tupperware & life. Hope you are enjoying life.
So sorry to hear about Roger's uncle. Hope you are all coping OK. Hugs to you.
Just wanted to say I miss your regular updates - my Diesel fix !! !! !! lol.
Sandi :)
DARED TO BE NICE
http://daretobenice.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment