I am running quite slowly with this whole encyclopaedia thing, but I'm being ok with that. Been crazy busy. Give me a month, and I'll be a whole lot more relaxed, but for the next couple of weeks I've got so much to do it's making my head spin.
So, E is a tricky one, hey.
E is for exaggerating. I'm always exaggerating things to a million times their size. Get it?
E is for engagement. I love our engagement story, and love to tell it. Wanna hear?
Rog and I had been together for five years, since I was 17. I was in my final year of uni. Rog locked himself in the study one night with my dad. That was weird, and I started having suspicions. So suspicious was I, that I went out and bought a new dress, new jewellery, new makeup, and got my hair done for a night out he had planned 'for my birthday'.
He picked me up in a limo, and we (and by 'we' I mean 'he') drank a bottle of wine on the way to the Radii restaurant at the Park Hyatt in Melbourne. He desperately tried to sober up while we ate our entree, and I had a cocktail. We shared a seafood main course, and after checking his watch, he rang the limo driver to give us another half an hour to have dessert.
By this stage I had given up on any proposal, and ordered dessert after Rog insisted that I did. My dessert arrived, and I took a bite of the biscotti. 'What's on the plate?', Rog prompted.
'Um, my dessert...' I replied with a mouthful of biscuit.
'No, what's on your plate?' he asked again.
I took a second look, and realised that the chocolate around the edge of the plate wasn't a random pattern, and that it spelled out 'marry me, sweetie'.
I promptly choked on my mouthful.
He went down on one knee, and presented me with a beautiful diamond ring that he had chosen all by himself. Waiters and diners around us applauded. I think I said yes. I don't really remember.
We drank champagne on the way home in the limo, telling the limo driver all about it. And then made out all the way home ;o)
I got a romantic one, didn't I?!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Awww, what a gorgeous story. Made me feel all mushy
Oh how sweet :) Aren't engagement stories just the best!
Oh, what a sweet hubby you have. That's a really great engagement story, Tam.
What a wonderful engagement story.
I've enjoyed reading all your A,B,C,D,E blog enteries, thanks for sharing Tam.
Those recent photos of Diesel are delightful. He is groweing up fast and looking cutier in every picture (as I'm sure I've said here before.......lol).
Have a great week and take care of yourself. Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx
love a good engagement story! You got a great one Tam :)
Aww that is such a gorgeous story. Love hearing people's proposal stories.
That's such a beautiful story...yes you did a get a romantic one!!
Oh he is a keeper Tam!
That is lovely - especially that you didnt even see it because you had thought it wasnt going to happen.
You should challenge everyone to write about their stories :o)
xxxx
Post a Comment