



And here's some pics of his first easter egg trail (a tradition in our family - a trail of little eggs leading to the big eggs.) Unfortunately, Easter bunny forgot to set the trail up before Diesel got up (secondary to a maggot infestation - ewwwwwwwwwww), so we had to re-enact the whole getting out of bed deal. He didn't seem to mind. I almost forgot to take photos, which is why they are so bad - I didn't reset my ISO or white balance and it's all up the crap!




I cooked a roast tonight. Every time I cook a roast I think of the first roast I ever cooked. It must have been early on after we were married, and living in our cute little unit. I bought a beef roast and all the trimmings, and ended up in tears in the middle of the kitchen. The meat was under-cooked, the potatoes were soggy, the gravy was lumpy and the vegies were cold. Rog managed to compliment it, bless him.
These days, I'm a bit of a pro at the old roast, if I do say so myself. Lamb is my specialty, but I've cooked a couple of great chickens lately too. After years of practice, I can cook the meat just right, get the potatoes and pumpkin lovely and golden and crispy, make killer gravy and have everything ready at the same time and on the table by 6pm. Oh the triumphs of a domestic goddess.
I haven't cooked a beef roast since though. Just a little story for a Thursday... just because.

2 comments:
Beautiful photos Tam - how did he get so big?
You sure do make beautiful babies :o)
xxxx
I'll expect you at our house for Sunday lunch ..... p.s youre cooking.
Oh, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who dashed out the door to witness the great Easter egg hunt and forgot to set the ISO. I have these beautiful photos that capture the movement and excitement of the hunt, but are soooo dark! So, you're not alone!
And dang, I'm jealous of your culinary skills. There's nothing better than a nice Sunday roast.
Post a Comment