Sunday, March 11, 2007

holy crap

My little man pulled himself up into standing tonight. And it wasn't an accident. He did it four times, and would have kept going, except I stopped him because I was freaking out.

IS THIS NORMAL? He's only 6.5 months old.

It's all too much this week! I feel like he's going to get up, pack his bags, and leave home tomorrow. LOL.


It's making me appreciate scrapbooking - his babyhood is going so fast. Not that I've gotten much done lately, but it seems I should. I need to remember this stuff.

I reorganised my scrap stuff today. And my sewing stuff. Will take pics if I remember. Still got an amount of stuff to purge and sort, but I'm most of the way there. On a mission lately.


In other news, my printer died. It's only two years old, but apparently these Canons just up and die after
about a year and a half. So I should count myself lucky. Grrrrr.

Public holiday tomorrow. Which means Rog gets to sleep in. Me, not so much. Although D is stretching out to waking at 7.30 or so lately, which is definitely a tolerable time to get up.

Just for fun, some pics taken last weekend at Brooke's 2nd birthday party. I know it *looks* like the beach, but it's actually a 'fake' beach at one of the local lakes. Still tastes like a beach - Diesel tested. He loves the water. I love that he loves the water. And Brooke wouldn't take that Dorothy the Dinosaur hat off all day. Bless her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Tam you will certainly know you are alive soon enough :)
My friend Min's daughter was walking around furniture at 6 months so I guess it does happen! Brodie didn't walk till about 15 months (he was prem so they are a bit slower) but I have no doubt Charli will be mobile MUCH sooner!
They do grow so quickly & I feel all I want to do is scrap photos of Charli to preserve it - my last baby!!
Can't wait to see pics of your space.
Great pics from the lake, you have the camera mastered already :)

Sandi :)

kathie said...

Wow, he's really steaming ahead at the moment. I find that J goes through these same monumental leaps in ability. Weeks were there's some new milestone every few hours and I feel like my head is reeling. Just take lots of photos and write down your thoughts. You won't forget the important bits.

Nat said...

MY oh my, you sure do have a fast learner on your hands there Tam. Slow down baby D!!

Anonymous said...

He is definately a cutie Tam ;)

And 6 months is not unusual. Both mine were standing at the furniture about the same age, Jacob then took his first steps are 9 3/4 months, but Hailey waited till she was about 15 months to walk. You just never know when its going to happen, all you can do is enjoy watching it happen.