Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ten months

Hello baby!

Well, not so much baby, but you know you will ALWAYS be my baby. You are now 10 months old – double figures!! I feel like I’m counting down to your birthday – excited about it, but also a little sad that this year is going so fast.


You seem to have shot up in the past few weeks. We haven’t had you weighed and measured lately, but all of a sudden you seem to be towering over your toys, and able to reach things that you hadn’t previously been able to reach! Your legs seem to be slimming out, but you still have a cute little pot belly.



Your routine hasn’t changed much this month, although you did start sleeping a little longer, and letting me lay in until 7 or 7.30 in the morning. Still having two feeds and two naps a day. You were weaned for one whole day – you started to play around so much when you were feeding, that I gave up and gave you a cup of milk. You loved that, so I made the decision to wean you. Then you got sick, and refused to take the cup. In fact, you threw the cup in my face. So back onto the booby you went. I didn’t have the heart to stop while you were sick.


Being sick also has turned your routine upside down. You can barely stay awake for an hour and a half, and have been napping 4 or 5 times a day. Poor thing. I think you are on the up now, though. It has been nice to have you being all cuddly though. You’re not a particularly cuddly baby, but while you’ve been sick, you often come up to me and lay your head on my lap for a cuddle. You have even been asking to go to bed! You’ll come up with tired eyes, rest your head on my knees and tell me in your cute baby babbling that you need a nap.


You’ve also been teething constantly. All four of your top teeth are finally through. The side ones came through first, then the right middle, and lastly the left middle, which is taking its time. And I’ve got a horrible feeling that your bottom side ones are going to start coming through now, so it looks like we’re not going to get a break!

You haven’t been particularly interested in your toys lately, but books are a different story (pun not intended). You can ‘read’ your books all day, and love to hear me read to you. When I’m finished the book, you sit and turn the pages, pointing at the pictures and telling me about them. Sometimes you’ll pick up one of your books, and your little finger will trace the writing while you ‘read’. I’m so proud of all the things you are learning! In fact, I’m sure that a couple of times you have said ‘booch’ while pointing to a book. It might even count as your first word!


Your other favourite toy is the cat. But Smudge’s patience ran out this month, and he finally took a swipe at you. He has been very tolerant up until now, especially considering that he’s not usually a very tolerant cat! You just pushed him a little too far one night, and he scratched you under your eye and behind your ear. You weren’t too worried about it though, and it certainly hasn’t stopped you from trying to ‘play’ with him!

Our most exciting news for this month though, is that you took your first steps! We were all at the hospital welcoming our new friend Cade into the world, and you were playing with your friend Blake, who is a little older than you. And you did it! You took two steps all by yourself. Daddy was so happy that he was there to see it, and we both got a little emotional! Since then though, you haven’t been too keen to try it again. You will stand by yourself, and walk around holding on to one of our hands, but if we let go, you’ll go back to crawling. Being sick set you back a bit, but now you’re getting better, I don’t think it’s going to be too long until you get your confidence up again.

Cute new things you have been doing this months are
  • resting your head to the side on the coffee table/couch/floor and looking cute
  • pointing at everything and wanting to know what it is
  • doing the two step whenever you hear music
  • if you’re sitting down when you hear music, you’ll swing your arms from side to side and clap
  • saying ‘ba ba ba’ when you want a drink (or a banana!)
There is just so much to love about you at the moment. Although, I have to admit that being winter and sick and all, I’m getting a little bit of cabin fever. I think we are starting to drive each other a little nutty every now and then, but those are the moments where we drop everything, and head out to do something… anything! Love you, buddy, and I’m loving watching you learning and doing and being you. Mummy xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, he is SO utterly adorable Tam. He's growing into a real little boy now!

Congrats on your DT news too, that's fab!

xoxo

Kelly said...

He is a total cutepot!!
Totally adorable.
And I love your letters to him. What a treasure for him when he is older. And for you. I can barely remember anything from when mine were little!!

kathie said...

Just beautiful, Tam. What a little cutie :)

Nat said...

Oh I just want to EAT HIM! He's sooooooo adorable Tam, I so wish I could see him IRL and give him a big squeeze... as usual gorgeous letter and LOVE all your pics. This one is going to be SUCH a heart-breaker when he's older huh!

Anonymous said...

he still has the most beautiful sparkliest little eyes! just scrummy.
suz