Finally getting things up and running on this new computer. Don't have all my old links, favourites, programs etc. and it has been driving me nuts. We need to get one more cable so we can network our two pcs, then I'll be able to access my old files, but for now, it's all new. Which is nice.
I got an iTunes voucher for my birthday, and spent the weekend trying to work out what to buy. (iTunes is a RIPOFF by the way, and I'm very indignant about having to spend $17 on an 'album' when I can get a real, shiny CD for less than that). Anyways, I was trying to decide between Crowded House 'Time on Earth' or Powderfinger's new album. Ended up with Josh Pyke's 'Memories and Dust'. It has been SO LONG since I have had new music. Rog buys CDs, but I always end up spending my pocket money on scrap stuff and shoes! As soon as I pressed play on those new tracks, a smile plastered itself across my face, I took a deep breath, and danced! I need to do that more often.
Actually, I did get my very *legal* music downloading program working today, and am creating a nice little playlist for myself. As of now, it includes my new Josh Pyke album, Katie Noonan's new single, a few Kate Miller-Heidke tracks (more on that later), some Snow Patrol (a pop weakness of mine), some Regina Spektor (haven't made my mind up yet), Sarah Blasko and Damien Rice.
When I first heard Kate Miller-Heidke, I was interested. I had a feeling she would shoot to fame, and I wasn't prepared to love her for the hype. I'm not a big fan of 'Words' which I seemed to hear everywhere. But I downloaded a few other songs tonight because I wanted to give her a second chance ;o) And she has changed my mind. 'Space They Cannot Touch' is one amazing song. She stays on the playlist.
And, got my new DT pack from kiti q yesterday. New Cherry Arte - the 'Poolside' range. Bright colours and bold patterns. Very fun. With all my new tunes I was feeling creative, and made this today:
Would love to stay and chat, but my baby boy has woken up and wants some hugs.

5 comments:
You have great taste in music! And I have to agree with you about Kate Miller Heidke - I didn't really like the song 'Words' either but I listened to some of her other songs online and I quite like some of them.
Loving that LO too!
Katie :)
Love your music choices!! Also love what you're doing with your KitiQ stuff!!! Hope you're well :o)
Love the layout Tam,very cool!!
we share similiar music tastes, I'll be seeing Josh Pyke in August when he'll be playing with John Butler, congrats with your dt position to
Love your music choices Tam, very similar to mine!! I first heard Kate Miller-Heidke on Triple J at the beginning of last year with 'Space They Cannot Touch', and she had me then! That and a couple of other songs were available for download from her site, and I loved her eclectic repertoire from the get go. Will be interesting to see how her career progresses now with the release of her album. I'll have to check out some of the other artists you mentioned. Gorgeous LO's, btw!
Post a Comment