Monday, January 07, 2008

New

Happy 2008 all! I am so glad that's over! Christmas is great and all, but it's so nice to be back in routine, and not have to wear combat gear to the shops.

Christmas was lovely. We all got super spoilt, and had a great day with family. Diesel still isn't quite old enough to anticipate Christmas, but he sure got in the spirit of all the pressies! He was quite overwhelmed by it all, really.

It was gorgeous watching the cousins play - they don't have a chance very often, and they just love it when they get together. Oh, and I don't know if you can see in the picture, but when Diesel picks up a pen, he holds it *properly*! I don't know where he learnt that from, but it's just precious!

NYE was a quiet one. We got together with two other couples and played SingStar all night (OK, so not really quiet...) It was HOT, and Diesel didn't really fancy sleeping in the laundry in a portacot, so he joined in the fun for a while, but he eventually passed out exhausted, and we headed home at 3am. Needless to say, we were all quite tired the next day.

Diesel news: he is totally cute. Learning new things every day. Builds with blocks, 'reads' books, eats breakfast at his new table and chairs, starting to run, sings, chatters all day, lies down for me to change his nappy, tells
me when he needs a nap, says 'bye bye' and 'nanna' and 'pa' and 'nigh-nigh'. Eats continuously. Loves apples. And grapes. Not so keen on vegetables. Climbs our back steps and the backyard like a mountain goat. Learning to throw RIPPER tantrums.

Baby news: healthy, strong and growing bigger all the time! This is my belly at 21 weeks (now at 24), but it has grown a lot since then! I definitely can't fit into those pants now!

So, 2008 is going to be a big one for us. New baby in four months, Roger's business is on the grow (he got his builder's licence, and we are now officially a 'company'), so I am going to be one busy little mumma. And in keeping with that, my 'one little word' for this year is ORGANISE. My head is spinning with all the things I need to do to fit a new baby and bigger business into this small house! I have sorted out a new housework routine, and my house is lovely and clean. Just gotta keep it that way! And a trip to Ikea is on the cards too!

I don't really like resolutions, but there are many things I intend to achieve this year:
  • avoid using the Visa, and pay it off every month
  • learn to use MYOB and get Roger's business stuff in order
  • scrap more, and use my yummy new stuff as I get it rather than keeping it for that 'special' layout!
  • eat more good quality chocolate
I'm definitely going to need company with that last one... Who's with me?

K, the boy's been asleep for almost 3 hours, so I'm pretty sure my 'me' time is almost up! Off to do some more scrapping if this baby will stop kicking me in the hoo-ha. Ouch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little man is so precious, Tam. I want one! And you are looking gorgeous and healthy, as ever.

Happy new year!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, esp. the one of the cute little girl.

Megan said...

Diesel is so cute and your tummy is gorgeous too. So glad you had a great Christmas and NYE.

Katie Toland said...

Love your photos Tam. That one of you and D on Christmas day is gorgeous. D's a spunky little monkey hey. Love your bubba-belly too. Can't wait to see it grow more. Glad you had a great Chrissy and NYE. xx k

Anonymous said...

Hey Tam!
I have to say, that red necklace of yours is so cool! Love it with the black!
Oh and yes, I would be up for a good quality chocolate session! I love Lindt, do you like Lindt?
Can't wait to see you on the 22nd, actually, I need to email you about that - off to do that now!
Dannii xx