Thursday, May 18, 2006

Just imagine

Just imagine that I was to cave - give in and do what I feel is completely against what my conscience is telling me to do, to live with the guilt of splurging money on something stupid, to be totally irresponsible.

I might as well make it worth it. Might as well make it even. Might as well make myself a little happy at the same time.

You all know where this is heading. I want my Rebel.

But I don't know if I could live with myself...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hearing you Tam. Similar situation here.....I REALLY want a Rebel too.

Good luck and make sure you keep us informed.

I guess the only thing I would say is that you will have to live with the decision you make. Maybe don't look at it as caving/giving in, but keeping a happy marriage. After all it is about give and take and comprimise (sp?)??? Dunno...just might help?

Sandi :)

Nat said...

Did you cave in get the dirt bike Tam????

No, no, just wait a COUPLE OF MONTHS OK!!

Nat xx

Nat said...

P.S.
Or.... buy it on 12-18 months interest free so then at least you can pay it off!!

(You might just have to start working the streets though, jk)

Nat xx

Anonymous said...

Thats exactly what I was going to say.
Thats the only way we could afford it Tam was on 18 months interest free, dont know if that is an option????
I would have been waiting till I was 60 and using my retirement money otherwise.

Being on one wage is a huge shock no mater how prepared you are, good luck honey.

Roz said...

OMG, do it! That's how I get my stuff, interest free baby! I got my camera on 18 months. Just make sure you pay it off in that time or you'll be slogged with ridiculous interest!

Go girl!

Nicole Finlayson said...

Oh Tam I get that you want the Rebel, I get that you resent even having to make this decision but PLEASE guys don't do anything crazy!!!!

I got my rebel by saving magazine cheques then using our tax return and saving saving saving. That was last year. This year I have to give in and let him have a turn at getting something.

Having said that though it may the last chance you have to get one before you have the baby and I love my Rebel so much, I wish I'd had it when my kids were babies. You can't get that time back.

Good luck Tam, whatever you decide and Rebels are the BEST!!!!