Today you are four months old. Thank goodness that time has slowed down to an almost realistic pace. This month actually almost felt like it lasted a month! Almost.

I can hardly keep up with all your new gorgeous tricks. We just think you’re the cleverest thing in the world, and I love to brag about you to anyone who will listen.
You are still very vocal at times – and now you sometimes copy my voice. The effort on your face as you shape your mouth around sounds is just precious! You laugh a lot now, and seem to find the most mundane things very funny. You also do a loud, short laugh when you’re trying to get attention. Your throaty, gurgly giggle is the best though. Daddy is good at getting giggles out of you when he tickles you with his stubble!

You’re quite a pro at rolling from your tummy to your back, and still look very pleased with yourself, if not a little stunned, every time you do it. And today, after a good ten minutes of convoluting yourself on the floor, you managed to roll from your back to your tummy. I didn’t help you once – you did it all by yourself! These days, when I put you in your cot, I can guarantee that I’ll find you in a different position to where I left you. Your favourite thing is to rotate ninety degrees so that you’re lying across your cot.

You’ve also gotten very good at grabbing things. You don’t just blindly bat at toys any more; both hands reach up to grab things and pull them into your chest or your mouth. You also reach up to touch our faces or try to put your fingers in our mouths. Again, the concentration on your face is wonderful – if you treat everything you come across with such determination, you’ll do well!

You love looking at other babies, and at yourself in the mirror. You greet both with big flirtatious smiles. You, my boy, will get away with anything if you flash that grin. You know you already have Daddy and I wrapped around your little finger! You have invented a new smile this month – I affectionately call it your grandpa smile. You clamp your lips around your gums and give a funny ‘no-lips’ smile. I’ve gotta get a photo of it!
Your routine has been all over the place lately – instead of a nice three hourly routine, you’ve decided that sometimes you’ll sleep for three hours which leaves about four hours between feeds. Other times you sleep for 45 minutes then want to get up and play. Then at the end of the day you’ll feed close together. I’m just going with the flow – you seem to know what you need, because you are a very happy little boy! You’re still sleeping wonderfully at night – usually 10pm until 6.30am, but these HOT days sometimes leave you a little thirsty, and you wake me at 4am for a quick feed, then go back to sleep.

It has been very fun buying you lots of things for Christmas – although we are not going overboard this year since you won’t have any idea of what is going on! I think you are going to be one spoilt little boy though! We went a little boring and bought you your car seat because you have just about grown out of the capsule. We did buy a Jolly Jumper too. I think you’re going to LOVE that!
Oh, and you still have crazy hair!

Love you my special boy. Mummy.

3 comments:
Tam - what gorgeous pics :)
Have a lovely Christmas - it's a special one this year!
Lou
OMgosh how CUTE is he Tam - he looks much older than his 4 months in that last piccie.. and I LOVE that shirt - that is so cute! (tits man, hehe)
He's growing up beautifully Tam. I am just about to write my Eli's 7-month letter and had almost forgotten that the same date is when D turns a month older too! Love that!
I just love sharing his little journey with you and I'm sure he'll just love that jolly jumper you got him!
He's just so beautiful, Tam! Oh, reading your letter to him brought back all the things that Jamie was doing a few short months ago. It's incredible how they develop!
The jolly jumper was a huge hit in our house. Hope he likes it :)
Kathie
Post a Comment