Phew. I'm exhausted! Had a dinner party last night - made some YUMMY (gluten-free) food. Guests were a mate of Roger's from high school who he's just got in touch with again, his wife and their baby who is about Diesel's age. They were lovely. REALLY lovely. Soooooooooo nice. I have a problem with people who are too nice. Makes me uncomfortable. I need a little bit of nastiness in my friends ;o) They ended up leaving at 1am this morning - I was struggling to keep my eyes open.
Up at 6am this morning, and off to Scrap to the Max for their all day crop. SO good to catch up with Nic and Amber again, and to meet Suz Doyle (definitely one of my scrapping idols) and Raylene Wilkinson. And always so nice to see layouts IRL. Completely different and so much better than seeing them in mags or online.
It was a little tricky doing the whole all day crop with a baby. Felt like I was feeding, burping and settling all day. D was very good - he slept and played and flirted very nicely - but he was a distraction! A lovely distraction, but a distraction. I managed to finish one layout, which is pretty good for me when scrapping socially! By about 10am I was pretty much ready to go to sleep - I can't deal with late nights these days! Nic did exceptionally well considering she was up until the wee hours being a domestic goddess ;o)
I'm sure there's more I want to say, but my eyes are feeling very heavy, and I can't collect my thoughts. Really gotta get to bed...
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Tam, glad to hear your dinner party went well and that the gluten-free food was hgit - what did you end up making? My sister is a caeliac (sp?) so we're pretty used to that cooking (or alternatives for her!) in our house, mind you she's been away from 10 months of this year...
glad to hear your crop went well too. And D was as much of an angel as can be. Its not totally impossible to scrap with a baby, just have to be prepared :)
Hope you have a nice relaxing sunday, with maybe a nice afternoon nap to catch up on some sleep :)
It was lovely to meet you Tam and to check out your gorgeous work... and Diesel.. well I could easily have taken him home - I've been telling everyone I see how adorable he is and how absolutely gorgeous his sticky uppy hair is.
I thought I commented here already........
Okay well I was SO happy you came over to hang out with us and little D is delish.
Few babies can make me clucky but oh I could have kept him, what a gorgeous boy :)
Hey Tam,
Can you please email me so I can get your email address back. i want to send you something but I've lost all my email addys.
thanks chickadee :)
Nic xx
Post a Comment