Had a busy and exhausting weekend. Managed to fit a quick swim in on Saturday. D loves water, and I want to get him in the pool as much as possible. Me and Rog both grew up with 'water' holidays, so no doubt we will be doing the same with him.
Nothing else to report. I'm actually quite exhausted. Got lots to do. So might as well procrastinate for just a second with this quiz from Raylene's blog:
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth, cooked a roast chicken, met some online scrapping buddies
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Just checked the archives. Declutter the house - negative. Cut down on commitments - positive. Read lots of parenting books - ummm, getting there. Decrease obsession with scrapbooking - positive - to the point where I have lost my mojo. Get off the computer - ummmmm, negative. LOL.
I need to cement mine for this year. Probably more of the same.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Just checked the archives. Declutter the house - negative. Cut down on commitments - positive. Read lots of parenting books - ummm, getting there. Decrease obsession with scrapbooking - positive - to the point where I have lost my mojo. Get off the computer - ummmmm, negative. LOL.
I need to cement mine for this year. Probably more of the same.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, apart from me, I witnessed the birth of my friend's gorgeous daughter. Plus, three of my other close friends had babies. Babies, babies everywhere this year.
Well, apart from me, I witnessed the birth of my friend's gorgeous daughter. Plus, three of my other close friends had babies. Babies, babies everywhere this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My hubby's Nanna.
My hubby's Nanna.
5.What countries did you visit?
Sadly, none.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Motivation - LOL (stole that from Raylene - but so true!) A beautiful, sexy camera (ahhhh, got it!) A waist.
Sadly, none.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Motivation - LOL (stole that from Raylene - but so true!) A beautiful, sexy camera (ahhhh, got it!) A waist.
7. What dates from 2006 remain etched in your memory and why?
August 20 - 22 - my labour and the birth of my baby.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Living through 24 hours of labour and birthing a healthy baby boy with no drugs :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Living through 24 hours of labour and birthing a healthy baby boy with no drugs :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Neglecting my friends.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Apart from falling apart during my pregnancy, nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My beautiful, sexy camera.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sheesh. Hard one. Some of my online friends who I admire greatly.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sheesh. Hard one. Some of my online friends who I admire greatly.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The American government. Saddam. Racist Australians.14. Where did most of your money go?
Personally... probably coffee.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Figuring out how to download Grey's Anatomy from the internet.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Fix You - Coldplay.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
happier, thinner, POORER!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent time with friends, exercised.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
um, yeah. Sat in THIS chair, LOL.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it with each side of the family.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy. Snap.
22. What was the best book you read?
22. What was the best book you read?
Didn't do a whole lot of reading, but probably Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2006?
Coldplay became my new favourite band. Had never really discovered their true greatness before.
24. What did you want and get?
Coldplay became my new favourite band. Had never really discovered their true greatness before.
24. What did you want and get?
My beautiful, sexy camera. A baby boy.
25. What did you want and not get?
25. What did you want and not get?
A clean house.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I sat around being fat and uncomfortable. My mum made me dinner. I was 27.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Anything that fit over a huge baby bump was good. Jeans continued to be an everyday necessity. I really need to sort my style...
28. What kept you sane?
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Anything that fit over a huge baby bump was good. Jeans continued to be an everyday necessity. I really need to sort my style...
28. What kept you sane?
The internet. Friends that I can say anything to. My mum.
29. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't do politics.
I don't do politics.
30. Who was the best new person you met?
My baby boy :o)

2 comments:
Loving that little quiz - think I might steal it too, but maybe tomorrow, I've been updating enough to bore anyone lately!
Love your answers Tam. I might try it too, but like Nat... Tomorrow! I'm up too late as it is.
LOVE your family pics. That little man of yours does just get cuter by the day!
I'll miss you Sunday too, but had a great day anyway, and next time you just have to come... we'll do a Saturday.
Post a Comment