Thursday, January 05, 2006

Intentions

So, I've had a little bit of a think about these, and I'm finding it hard. I think because I know I don't keep resolutions (or intentions, or whatever you want to call them). And I'm finding it hard to write 'intentions' over 'resolutions'. They end up coming out the same to me. Grrrr.

Above all though, in life and in scrapping (funny how I still keep the two apart), the word I'm longing to bring to reality is simplicity. Blame Ali Edwards if you want (she's the one who started this intentions thing after all!) I just got to feeling so overwhelmed towards the end of last year, and it was a horrible feeling. I do manage to complicate things so much, so I need to consciously make an effort to simplify my life, one step at a time. The temptation is to do it all at once, which kinda defeats the purpose. Bit by bit, this year I'll get there. I hope!

Anyways... back to intentions. Let me try.
  • I intend to declutter my house and get rid of stuff I just don't need.
  • I intend to continue to cut down commitments to a point where I can happily fulfil the ones I have.
  • I intend to learn as much about parenting as I can from books and from mothers I admire so I can be the best mother I can when the time comes.
  • I intend to make scrapbooking part of my life rather than the separate entity I try to make it.
  • I intend to get of this computer and live in the real world more!
There. Sigh of relief. I'm tired and snotty (from my cold, not my mood). Had a good day for reasons which I will share with you in the near future. Enjoying reading your blogs - the new year brings out all sorts of stuff which makes for interesting reading - thanks! Looking forward to a quiet weekend. Declined two offers to go away. Need to be at home. Get well. Sleep. Just be. Good night, girls.

3 comments:

Nicole Finlayson said...

Tam, I hope you're looking after yourself and you know what? Just wanting to know about good parenting makes you a good Mum already.

I hope it becomes a reality for you this year.

Roz said...

I agree with Nic- just having the desire will make you determined to keep learning :o) And I'm sure you will get to practice for real very soon :o)

Go rest and get rid of the snot.....love ya!

Nat said...

Hope the rest does you well Tam, it sure sounds like you need it! Hope you get better soon babe!

All the best for your intentions (and special prayers for you and Rog becoming parents this year!)

Love ya, N xx