Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bump update

Caity just rang to tell me she's heading to the shops to get some castor oil. She really wants that baby out - NOW!

But more excitingly - she wants me to be present at the birth! What a huge honour! I've never seen a birth close up, and to share it with her (and her mum and cousin!) is going to be amazing. Hoping now that she gives birth at a sane hour of the day ;o)

5 comments:

Roz said...

oh Tam, that is so awesome!! Watching a baby being born is just the most precious experience, and you will weep uncontrollably!! Enjoy, and I hope it happens at a decent hour for you :o)

Nicole Finlayson said...

Wow Tam, I hope it happens at a decent hour too, but what an honour. I've never *seen* a baby being born, only been at the other end - lol, so can't tell you how it may feel but I'm sure it will be beautiful..........

Nicole Finlayson said...

Oh and lots of sex is the key to bring on labour - roflmao!! CVan I write that on here? Seriously, if she's due, it can help!

Anonymous said...

Ok I am torn here between laughing hysterically and trying to be serious, Tam its Nic's fault she said sex and Nine months pregnant in the same sentence! lol

I think being there as a support person would be such an amazing experience. As Nic said I have had 2 but havent been there to help someone else.

I think it would be more exciting to get the call at 3am, but I hope you get it at a very reasonable hour and I cant wait to hear every detail :)

Chris Millar said...

I had castor oil when I was 10 days overdue with Shayla and after two doses (and a bad case of the runs!) I went into labour and had Shayla about 8hrs later! The doctors and nurses don't recommend it though.
Tam, that is wonderful that you are getting to be there for the birth! How exciting!