Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Can't help myself

I was totally NOT going to blog today - I'm way too addicted to this thing already. But... then I looked at the positives: it's harmless, it's fun, it seems to amuse some people out there in blogland (LOL), and it's quite therapeutic. So there you are. And here I am.

I have decided that I cannot scrap on a weeknight. I have tried every night this week, and failed. I've thought about scrapping, read about it and browsed the net about it, but just can't DO it. *Sigh*. Leaves me way too much to do on the weekend. FIVE layouts. Ouch. Plus promised Mel we'd have a Christmas card making bonanza on Saturday. Hopefully can get the cards done quick and get onto some scrapping. Friday night is usually my very productive night, but we are heading out for dinner for my darling daddy's 53rd birthday. And apparently we must buy him a vacuum sucker thing for his Triton workbench. LOL. Sounds interesting.

Rog is watching the soccer and playing xbox in the breaks. Eating a bbq and drinking bourban and coke. If he was any more male...

But he's a softie - just HAD to share this photo of him and his niece, cos I just love it:



And me... I'm not going to feel guilty about not scrapping. I'm going to wash my face, get into bed and read a book. And take on Ali Edwards' latest motto:

'Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be'

I hear ya.

5 comments:

Roz said...

Oh, don't put so much pressure on yourself missy!! But I'm with you- I have to force myself to scrap on weeknights when I have stuff to do, I'm so not a night person!! Sometimes if you 'plan' in your head during the day, you can knock something up pretty quickly at night though!!

Cute pic BTW!!

Roz xo

Anonymous said...

Tam that is exactly what I was thinking about tonight after I saw that on Ali Edwards Blog. I was trying to finish a layout and remembered that line and said it to myself [in a not so crazy Im not really talking to myself kind of way]. Enjoy the book and good luck with the five layouts on the weekend - cant wait to see them!

Anonymous said...

i'm with ya, too! weeknights are a hard time to scrap. i just want to curl up on the couch and read or watch tv! ;)

Nat said...

Good Luck with your scrap-a-thon this weekend darl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tam,

I must admit I love to wind down after a hectic week day by scrapping, and I can usually get one LO done. It is my quiet time!

While the Boxx was offline I got a lot done!!

Have a lovely day.
Fran xx