I think that I'm now allowed to share my little secret. The For Keeps Elite Team was announced tonight, and I didn't get picked, nor did I win a prize. But I did get asked to be on the next FK Design Team!! Pretty exciting!
And it's not the joy of seeing my layouts published, or the fact that I'll get paid for doing something I love doing, I was so excited to be chosen because it means someone else values what I do. Someone else thinks what I do is pretty good. And I like to be good at things :o) It gave my confidence a big boost, and I've been entering EVERYTHING since! I probably don't have time to be on any more DTs, but I would like to be on a store DT, because I think it would be quite different that a mag DT. There's quite a lot of pressure with the FK DT with deadlines, and even the competition between members. It's a great experience though. My first DT project will be in issue 40 (January). Yay!
Been out playing pool, again... Was great (although I lost my *touch* this week), but SO smoky. I was feeling so nauseous by 11.30 that we had to leave. Now everything I'm wearing, and my hair smells of smoke. Blah.
Looking forward to hopping into bed. I've almost finished my second layout for the weekend. I've never scrapped so much as I have the past month or so. And I went shopping today for stuff for the Bumblebee Crafts DT application - new MM Simply Fab papers, Fancy Pants flowers, and some Queen and Co frames. It was an expensive trip. And this is why I need to be on a store DT ;o)
Happy Sunday.
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay go Tam! I'm sooo happy for you! Good luck with the store DT apps too. You've inspired me to get off my butt and actually enter comps. And look out...you're famous now - DT this year....ET NEXT YEAR? :o)
WAHOOO!!! WTG Tam!! That's fantastic news/1 I knew someone was going to pick you up! Can't wait to see your work in FK!!
Roz xo
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Tam!!!
I had no idea that you were both "Subbies" and "Tam Milborn"!!! LOL please excuse me - I'm a little slow!
Huge congratulations for being chosen for the DT!!!! I love your work and can't wait to see more of it!!!
Take care!
Ali :)
Post a Comment